How to create secure and easy to remember passwords
No matter the size of your business, if you use weak passwords you are an easy fish for hackers and all of your information could become vulnerable. You should therefore pay strong attention to creation process of passwords in your business.
Remember that having a strong password policy in place might be a safeguard solution, especially in a long run.
The Worst Internet Passwords
A password management application provider – SplashData revealed its list of the worst internet passwords of 2011. The data was collected from files containing millions of stolen passwords posted online by hackers.
These are the top 5 worst passwords – click here to see the full list
Is your password on the list? If you use any of these passwords you might be at high risk of being hacked. Don’t put yourself and your Business at risk – follow the steps below and learn how to create secure but easy-to-remember passwords.
Create a secure & easy-to-remember password
DO use a separate and unique password for every account
DO test & check your password
DON’T use your name, birth date, name of your children, wife, pets, and common words
DON’T use three or more consecutive characters from your login or full name
Step by step secure password creation
- Firstly, you need to come up with some phrase, event, place, date, etc. that is unique only to you (e.g. keyboard)
- Set password for particular account/website (e.g. ebay) by appending the name of the site to the end/front/middle of your unique word.
- Replace regular with special characters (e.g. a = @)
- Test the strength of your Password using password checker here
See the example of a secure password we created by following above steps
By following these steps you can easily create tens of secure passwords which are easy-to-remember!
Top Tip: Don’t forget to lock your PC! It’s the easiest but very important thing to do! Remember don’t walk away from your desk without locking your desktop computer as you never know who might come, access it and steal important data.
You can easily lock it by pressing:
- ‘Windows Key’ + ‘L’ key or
- CTRL + ALT + DEL – then click on Lock This Computer
Got a Question?
Need an advice? We are ready & happy to help.