As a Microsoft Partner, ITC received an advanced copy of Windows 7 (the upgrade from Windows Vista and Windows XP), which we’ve been using for several months. Not only did we find it very quick and stable for business use, but we loved some of the new features and found that many of our older programs worked without issues. Windows 7 (due to launch on the 22nd of October) boasts increased performance, loading your email, documents and pictures quicker than before. On top of this, it includes several new tools and enhanced security, including an improved firewall, anti-virus protection and account controls- ensuring that you and your data stays safe.
Most of the new features in Windows 7 are geared to making life easier for the PC user. Below are a few features ITC have found useful for home and business users alike:
- Faster searching: Having a problem finding that illusive file? Windows 7 lets you find your documents and pictures even faster than before. Search your computer within seconds by simply typing a few characters.
- Jump List’s: Access your favourite files with ease by using Jump List’s. Make songs, pictures, documents and videos instantly accessible through a simple click.
- Wireless Internet: Connecting to the Internet via wireless? You can now connect to your wireless in a few simple clicks while maintaining your network security.
- Action Centre: Do you find it confusing keeping your anti-virus software and your computer up to date, as well as making sure your files are backed up on an ongoing basis? Action Centre puts everything in one place, allowing you to gather maintenance information, security information and troubleshoot any computer problems that may arise.
- Power Management: Windows 7 is great for laptops as well. With improved power management features, your battery is guaranteed to last even longer.
There are many more features, if you’re interested in learning more about Windows 7, take the Microsoft tour.
ITC support for Windows 7
Having used Windows 7 for the past several months, ITC are in a great position to support your migration, whether it’s 1 computer or 100. If you want to make sure you can benefit from everything Windows 7 has to offer, now is an excellent time to purchase a new computer. If you’re not quite sure what you need- please contact us for suggestions. ITC have extensive experience of computers and can custom build one to meet your exact needs (with Windows 7 pre-installed, obviously!)
If you would like to keep your current computer- consider an upgrade. Using our knowledge of Windows 7, ITC can safely move your email, documents and files to the new operating system, and answer any queries you may have.
If you have any questions relating to Windows 7 or how ITC can support you or your business, please contact us.