How do I update my email client server information?
The following steps will take you through the process of updating your email server settings within your email client.
Microsoft Outlook 2010/2013
1) Select the file menu in the top right and then go to ‘Account Settings’.
2) Select your email account and then select the ‘Change’ option.
3) Under the ‘Server Information’ section make sure that you Incoming Mail Server and Outgoing Mail Server boxes are updated to be mail.customerdomain.co.uk
4) Save all settings
1) Go to the Tools menu and then select ‘Account Settings’.
2) Under your email address select the ‘Server Settings’ heading.
3) Update the server name to be mail.customerdomain.co.uk
4) Select ‘Outgoing Server (SMTP)’ from the list on the left hand side and then Edit the Outgoing Server settings for your email account.
5) Update the ‘Server Name’ to be mail.customerdomain.co.uk
6) Save all settings
1) While in Mac Mail go to the Mail heading at the top of the screen and then select Preferences.
2) Update the ‘Incoming Mail Server’ field to read mail.customerdomain.co.uk
3) Select the Outgoing Mail Server and update the settings to also use mail.customerdomain.co.uk
Windows Live Mail
1) In Windows Live Mail, right click on your email account and the select Properties
2) Under the ‘Servers’ tab update the Incoming Mail and the Outgoing Mail fields to read mail.customerdomain.co.uk
3) Select OK and save all settings
Apple Mobile Devices (iPhone and iPad)
1) Go into the settings menu and then into Mail, Contacts and Calendars
2) Select your email account
3) Update the Incoming Mail Server field to read mail.customerdomain.co.uk
4) Select the SMTP Outgoing Mail Server and then select the server setup for your email account
5) Update your host name to read mail.customerdomain.co.uk
6) Save all settings
Android Devices (Phones / Tablets)
1) Go into the email application on the device
2) Press the ‘Menu’ button and then tap ‘Account Settings’
3) Scroll to the ‘Server Settings’ section and then go into both the Incoming Settings and Outgoing Settings and ensure the server is set to be mail.customerdomain.co.uk
4) Save all changes